[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » FORUM » OTHER THINGS » Equivalent expression of creatures (Need some statistical information from proficient players)
Equivalent expression of creatures
metatext1Date: Monday, 2017-10-23, 5:44 PM | Message # 1
Site coordinator
Group: Użytkownicy
Awards: 3
Hi to all!

I am working on some map with unusual gameplay. I need some information for it - numeric expression of creatures in equivalent (version WoW for now).

I an asking all active players for it (if you have enough free time, ofc). How to do that? Try to imagine each creature in each castle and then try to count how many creature of the same level you would prefer for this one. For example:

1 Hobbit = 2 Dwarf, 1 Golden Golem = 1 Mage and etc.

I need as more statistical information as possible, that will help to make a balance in my map more clear and fit.

Message edited by metatext1 - Monday, 2017-10-23, 5:45 PM

BrennusWhiskeyDate: Thursday, 2017-10-26, 8:05 PM | Message # 2
President
Group: Administratorzy
Awards: 1
Well, in online game you have to be fast so 1- and 2-level creatures are needed only at the beginning of the game. Later they just do not have enough move and they are too weak to get them in travel.

I can tell you my choice for 4-levels: black dragons, phoenixes, titans, angels, devils and thunder-birds. This choice can change if you have other dwellings on the map, for example if you see 2 dwellings of magic dragons that can be easy taken you have to consider of building them in your castle.

Anyway good luck with your work.

THE KINGS

metatext1Date: Friday, 2017-10-27, 5:53 PM | Message # 3
Site coordinator
Group: Użytkownicy
Awards: 3
Thnaks : D

I think, to describe my idea clearer I should write whole background for my map. Here it is.

There is a wonderful map for Heroes 5 named RTA (half of GR H5 players always chose it). It is quick map with gathering armies, learning skills and magic and buying artifacts and tactical battle within two turns (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDTLlPwGAI).

Probably, Circle of Life is the closest map from H4, but it hasn't main RTA parts (like crossing fractions out and destribution gold between Army, Expiance and Artifacts). So a map with the same idea as RTA in H4 is my old dream.

I finished crossing out. But such things like armies and artifacts should be well-balanced for interesting gameplay.

Well, for now I have choose a rule of squares of weekly increments of all creatures (Berserkers have 30 per week, so 900 would be available for recruitment). But sometimes this rule can't help. The most problem pairs are Mages and Golems, Nomads and Harpies, Birds and Behemots, Genie and Nagas, Elves and Tigers according to difference between weekl increments.

Ofc, all numbers could be calculated in testing,  but it would save more time If I can write them during creation.

So, how to solve these equations in a vacuum (without taking into account movement on the map, battles with neutrals, etc.)?

X Nagas = Y Genies
X Elves = Y Tigers
X Birds  = Y Behemots
X Nomads = Y Harpies
X Mages = Y Golems.

BrennusWhiskeyDate: Sunday, 2017-10-29, 11:16 AM | Message # 4
President
Group: Administratorzy
Awards: 1
I think that players should have an options to choose. In reality such weak creatures like 1-2 levels never decide about the result of the game. Behemoths are of course stronger than birds but they have slower growth. Beyond all that I discovered recently that in game without equilibris order is very weak.

THE KINGS

Forum » FORUM » OTHER THINGS » Equivalent expression of creatures (Need some statistical information from proficient players)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: